We are always on the lookout for experienced and dedicated individuals to welcome into the Abcott family. Check out our recruitment video - and then send us your resume using the form below!
Are you resourceful? Creative? Love a challenge? The construction sector may be for you!
There has never been a better time to have a career in the trades. With employment growth far exceeding other industries, the construction industry is looking for the best and brightest high-skilled professionals.
Never considered a career in construction? Here's why you should:
- Tradespeople are in high demand due to the rate of retirement of experienced professionals. 77,000 workers are needed right away just to keep up with the demand.
- The construction industry can encompass a multitude of jobs to fit any skills, experience and talents. Jobs like carpenters, project managers, landscapers, home and property inspector, sheet metal works and more!
- Boasts one of the highest average hourly wages across all industries!
- Government incentive grants are available for those starting out in the industry.
- It's a versatile profession that presents new challenges on a daily basis.
There are many ways that you get started in the construction industry. While some may want to start right away with an apprenticeship, several Ontario Colleges and Universities offer diplomas and programs to prepare you for what's ahead in your career. The CareersinTrades.ca site can help you find programs in your area!
As a response to the ever growing demand in the industry, Service Canada has made several grants available to provide incentive for more workers to choose the skilled trades. You can apply for these grants during your apprenticeship, and once it is completed. For more information, visit the Service Canada website!
Want more information on joining one of the best skilled labour industries? Check out these great resources on how to get started!
Canadian Apprenticeship Forum
Careers In Construction
Made With The Trades!
Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities